Water damage is a serious issue, and it needs to be solved as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will end up losing your possessions and paying for costly repairs. If you have experienced a flooding incident, you probably have a few ideas on how to quickly take care of your own water damage restoration in Bronx, NY. However, for most people, even if it isn’t their first time, dealing with a flooding problem can become a very overwhelming and exhausting experience. It is still best to be prepared for it.
Unfortunately, there are a lot myths floating around that make people think twice about receiving professional help for their water damage restoration in Bronx, NY. Our team at New York City Flood Damage wants to clear out these myths to give you peace of mind when you are about to handle any type of water damage problem. Here are some of the most common myths about water damage.
- You can do the water damage restoration by yourself. While you might be able to rent or buy the equipment for water damage restoration at an affordable price, the key to doing the job properly is knowing what to do and how to do it, so that means having the experience. If you have no background regarding water damage restoration, you might end up causing even more damage. The process entailed is a very meticulous one, and if you commit one mistake, it could turn into a disaster which may lead to even costlier repairs. A professional, on the other hand, will have the knowledge to save your property as quickly and effectively as possible. Additionally, they have the necessary equipment and solutions for the job.
- Water removal can wait. This is a big no-no; you certainly do not want to wait. In a flooding incident, time is very critical. The longer you wait for water extraction, the more likely your home will get soaked and start to develop molds. It will do greater damage to your property and your possessions.
- Water removal is the only necessary step. Removing the water is an essential step; however, it only covers one portion of the overall restoration process. Professionals take into account the structural damage, mold and discoloration. Therefore, they have to sanitize and disinfect the area. Then, they have to apply anti-fungicide to prevent molds from growing.
- Call the insurance company first: While many people think the insurance company is the first entity to call, it can definitely wait. The insurance company can come in along the process. It is a restoration company that you should call first. Since time is crucial during these situations, take advantage of calling a 24/7 water damage emergency service that can get you the help you need as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the worse the damage will be. And while waiting for the restoration company, you can take pictures or videos of the damage which you can use during the claims process.
- The floors and walls are ruined, therefore I need to reconstruct these areas. While everything might look destroyed, you do not always have to reconstruct all affected areas. If you are able to contact your restoration company immediately, with their expertise, they can save your property and salvage some of your possessions. Also, our team will do a thorough assessment of what needs to be replaced to ensure your safety.
Now that a few myths have been cleared out, you should no longer have doubts about calling a water damage restoration company, because it is what you really need during a flooding problem. Our team at New York City Flood Damage has extensive experience and training to ensure quick, safe and quality water damage restoration in Bronx, NY and surrounding areas. Since water damage is unpredictable, you can rely on our 24/7 emergency services. Give us a call at 347-329-2055.